Saskatchewan Marijuana Party
December 02, 2007, 11:16:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The opinions expressed herein do not neccessarily represent the views and opinions of the Saskatchewan Marijuana Party and should be attributed only to the individuals who have expressed them.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannabis better than Oxycocet  (Read 1228 times)
MrT
Gong Master

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2006, 10:07:53 pm »

Cannabis is better for pain that oxycocet.
I just had two teeth pulled. A wisdom, and a molar beside a wisdom. One on top, one on the bottom.

I asked the dentist for something better than t3s for the pain, so he gave me oxycocet. An opiate. Ive kind of wanted to try the stuff recreationally in the past but never pursued it as pill popping really isnt my thing, but it had sounded interesting.

I have taken 15mg of oxycoxet with 975mg of acetominophen, and it doesnt even compare to a bag off the volcano.

First thing I did when i got home was volcano, now i have taken those pills since that and the pain is getting worse as the vapor wears off.. Im about to go vape some more, and really see how it effects the pain levels. Anyway, Im pretty sure that cannabis is better for pain relief that oxycocet. hmm

. Legalize . Regulate . Medicate . Educate .
Nathan H
SKMP Leader
Party Executive
Mr. Twizzler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 12:14:13 pm »

I think you should tell your dentist!!!  Maybe he can install a volcano in his office.
moe.brondum
Editor, The Leaf
Party Executive
Gong Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 01:10:06 pm »

from Jack Herer's Emperor Has No Clothes ...

TO REDUCE SALIVA

Marijuana smoking can help dry your mouth for the dentist. This is the best way to dry the mouth's saliva non-toxically in what is known among smokers as its "cotton mouth" effect. According to the Canadian Board of Dentistry in studies conducted in the 1970s, cannabis could replace the highly toxic Probathine compounds produced by Searle & Co. This may also indicate that cannabis could be good for treating peptic ulcers.

MrT
Gong Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 02:54:47 pm »

Ah yes.. I did vape about 2 hours before going to the dentist in hopes that it might aid the dentist.. heheh

I will tell the dentist when I go back to have the stitches removed, if he asks about the pain/pills I will tell him I used cannabis instead, with better results.

and have you ever brushed your teeth about half an hour after puffin a joint back? Brushing your teeth while having cotton mouth is amazing. The best clean I've ever had. 

Tanya
Party Executive
Mr. Twizzler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 03:36:00 pm »

I have never once noticed a cotton mouth effect from smoking dope.  I must be some kind of freak.
MrT
Gong Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 04:29:48 pm »

most definitely!

that's weird that you've never had the dry mouth effect.. maybe you've never really been high?  lol "you know when your mouth is gettin dry, you're plenty high" One bourbon one scotch and beer.....  Huh

MitchL
Party Member
Mr. Twizzler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 06:54:22 pm »

I have never once noticed a cotton mouth effect from smoking dope.  I must be some kind of freak.

try rolling phater joints. i got cotton mouth right now.

Tanya
Party Executive
Mr. Twizzler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 11:02:59 am »

I hate being too high.  Such an unpleasant feeling that is. 
MitchL
Party Member
Mr. Twizzler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 01:47:22 pm »

its doesnt start to be to high for me till after the 3rd oz is long gone and the 4rth is being worked on. gets hard to roll too.

MrT
Gong Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 04:54:49 pm »

try and get to that 3rd ounce, or even the second, using the volcano. 

MitchL
Party Member
Mr. Twizzler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 08:36:42 pm »

you;d be amased at the ammount of pot i could smoke regardless of the device now eating it is a different story.

StacyM
Party Executive
Flux Capacitor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 10:22:59 pm »

yes MitchL is a very very bad man who can smoke way too many people under the table... but give him a hash cookie and he lays on the ground with his tongue hanging out for a day or so (well... pretty much)

as for me I'm not allowed to eat pot food... because  I would probably be stoned for the rest of my life and wouldn't be able to drive myself or anyone anywhere where and I definetly couldn't go to work :S
J. Martin Poppleton
Party Executive
Cannabis Clown

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 12:13:35 pm »

There is certainly no such thing as too high in my opinion...i knwo i have never been too high..but i have been not high enuff lots lol..and left waiting still...
StacyM
Party Executive
Flux Capacitor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 07:51:44 pm »

There is certainly no such thing as too high in my opinion...i knwo i have never been too high..but i have been not high enuff lots lol..and left waiting still...

try a really well made hash cookie sometime if you get the chance
natasha.b
Party Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 02:39:50 pm »

While in RUH after a heart attack I had a fentanyl patch applied.It's some type of synthetic opiate that's supposed to be several orders of magnitude stronger than morphine.It kept me pretty snowed ,but still in pain.I spent 7 days sort of half awake/half asleep and it was starting to bug me, so I asked a friend for some strong cannabutter cookies.Totally did the trick,started being awake by day and asleep at night,pain subsided quite strongly after two doses. It was interesting to note that it had no cardiological effect as shown by the heart monitors and daily blood work. The cardiac doctors noted a big reduction in my rage level (it was the hockey playoffs and I was in the only room without a tv,everyone else in there was a million years old and dying, so they wouldn't likely care about the hockey).

On other occasions I've sampled just  about every pain killing drug there is and cannabis remains a real "go-to" favorite. It has so few side effects compared to it's competition, it's just silly. If it were equally legal , I believe that doctors would find it invaluable,especially in neurotic,multi-symptom patients who typically have poor responses to pain killers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: