Saskatchewan Marijuana Party
May 22, 2007, 04:29:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The opinions expressed herein do not neccessarily represent the views and opinions of the Saskatchewan Marijuana Party and should be attributed only to the individuals who have expressed them.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sign Party  (Read 58 times)
Tanya Derbowka
Party Executive
Cannabis Clown

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2007, 11:02:24 pm »

I want to have an informal sign party at my house one of these days.  It would basically be open to anybody with an SKMP membership that wants to come over and help the party make signs and posters.  This could be a whole lot of fun.  The Freewayblogger is giving me some cool ideas.  What do you think?  I love what this guy can do with white duct tape, spraypaint, cardboard, and a freeway.  This is my favorite pic:

Go and check out the rest of the site.
Nathan H
SKMP Leader
Party Executive
Mr. Twizzler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 08:51:44 pm »

This sounds like a very fun idea, maybe we could do this so that we have more great signs to display for the upcomming BBQ joint fundraiser. 
moe.brondum
Editor, The Leaf
Party Executive
Gong Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 10:02:30 pm »

I have always wanted to do a burma shave.

Tanya Derbowka
Party Executive
Cannabis Clown

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 03:42:09 pm »

What's a burma shave?
moe.brondum
Editor, The Leaf
Party Executive
Gong Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 05:52:28 pm »

It is usually a series of signs, almost like a rhyme that are put up on a roadside in sequence. Typically, they end with BurmaShave which was a product in the 50s(?) that developed the marketing techique.

ed
Cannabis Clown

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 08:46:29 pm »

Here's a link for some ideas about modern Burma shave
http://grantmcl.tripod.com/burmashave.html
FrankD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »

The Freewayblogger web site is great!

Here's a link to the "How-to" page:
http://www.freewayblogger.com/howto.htm
(note: this is a link to the FB web site, not the blog.)

Do any of the SKMP members have an opaque projector or an overhead projector? Something like this is a HUGE time-saving device for projecting sign text from a computer printout to a large sign.

"Freeway blogging" is a great low-cost way to get the message out to a mainstream audience!

-FrankD

I want to have an informal sign party at my house one of these days.  It would basically be open to anybody with an SKMP membership that wants to come over and help the party make signs and posters.  This could be a whole lot of fun.  The Freewayblogger is giving me some cool ideas.  What do you think?  I love what this guy can do with white duct tape, spraypaint, cardboard, and a freeway.  This is my favorite pic:

Go and check out the rest of the site.

FrankD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 01:53:33 pm »

Hi Moe,

An option for a series of signs (although not rhyming) would be the harms from prohibition. Maybe the first sign says "Cannabis Prohibition Harms Society" then a series of signs with specific harms stated, and maybe a sign at the end saying "For Canada's Sake End Prohibition Now".

It is usually a series of signs, almost like a rhyme that are put up on a roadside in sequence. Typically, they end with BurmaShave which was a product in the 50s(?) that developed the marketing techique.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: